3.20.2009

..........Fail

Okay the cake challenge never happened (yet). Instead I have found myself working into the nice hours of the AM each night this past week while spending daylight within the confines of elementary and jr. high schools in Mpls/St.Paul. Please let's say that I now check "Teacher" off of my list of potental career changes.

I am still in a half-furnished apt but it's getting cozy. The roommate is excellent (note: I live alone). But I consider it 400 sq ft of bliss with the biggest walk-in closet I've ever owned. No twenty-something-year-old could ask for more. Okay, yes they could and I've got it - the liquor store & CVS & Jimmy John's are all on the same block. Jealous?

I want to complain and moan about life but really I can't. Other than the crazy woman who sits in my back alley and the man who liked to follow me around a store my life has been pretty dull. Granted I have found that my new 'hood isn't the most fitting for me seeing I'm a caucasian who votes typically (R), doesn't own a guitar and prefers a suit over a peasant skirt. Other than that, it's a perfect match!
I sometimes wonder what my neighbors think of me. I'm here at odd hours (note: work from home most days), I "dance" to the classical music that is played in our lobby and drive a clanking Volvo that is always filled with Vikings/Milk paraphanalia.

And now I'm blasting Styx and Foreigner at top levels....to to you below....love thy neighbor!

No comments: