3.09.2010

Three A-Holes Go For A Walk

My exercise routine is pretty much non-existent. I have now convinced myself that since I am a poor student and don't own a car anymore, walking is necessary and well, my exercise. Great, right? Well, that would be good if I had to walk everywhere but I don't. I guess when you don't own a car you don't plan much stuff further than a mile from home, thus I rarely do much walking. And while some people have the opportunity to walk to work, I cannot say that I benefit much from mine seeing as it is only 12 ft from my bed.

Bring in Sharm & Stratton.

On Sunday Sharm calls to ask if I want to go for a walk to take in our newly found sunshine. (YAY!!!) So we planned to hit-up the trails behind my neighborhood and do some visiting. They walked a mile to my place and we proceeded from there to the trails. Once on the trail the fear set in. Not that we would over exert ourselves (we were walking at a very slow pace) but that bicyclists and runners would trample us. We cautiously moved in single-line form and marched eastward.

Slowly we realized that we didn't know where exactly the trail would bring us so we pulled over. One was tired (no names), another confused and another a bit too perky for the others good. As we moved over to take a break and figure out where we were automatically the three of us whipped out our phones. As normal, fit people zoomed by on bikes and running in groups we were the not-so-fit ones on the trail with our phones out. That it when it hit me... we're a bit too much like Two A-Holes sketch from SNL.

This sketch lands a little too close to home - enjoy.



If Arlington Co. could, I'm sure we would be banned from all trails due to our lack of physical movement.

No comments: