11.10.2008

Resignation

It's done and in the books.

Words present: Challenge - Immersion - Success - Prosper - Rewards - Lessons

Last Day - November 24th

It's quite a relief and (shhh!) exciting. I've come to desire the nomadic lifestyle. I will actually miss living out east for two reasons - proximity to so many cities and my 'urban-family' have been awesome. Not to say that I will not enjoy being back in my homeland and near those family and friends - but I know it will be a difficult transition. So, for those of you there, please note that I love you and am excited to be back; it's just that for a while I may be a bit sad and missing what I've called home since 2006.

So the transition weeks are ahead. Here's to hoping I do not have to replace my timing belt/water pump at the expense of $1,100 that I was quoted this morning and that I will get a decent U-haul trailer this time around. Also, here's to saying goodbye to the things I will not miss.....

1. warm winters
2. tolls
3. nasty traffic
4. expensive gas
5. snobs that consider me from "fly-over" country
6. bad grocery stores
7. scary newscasts
9. slimy(er) politics
10. fake aura & rhetoric

Though as I say adios to them with not a tear, I will hug a dear goodbye to:

1. life-long friendships
2. convienence - transportation
3. the ocean
4. D.C. & policy wonkers
5. early America (history)
6. cheeseteaks & Rocky
7. Rosslyn Beach
8. PCC (both)
9. good shoe smiths & cheap dry cleaners
10. frequent flyer miles

No comments: