12.23.2008

Almost 2009

While I'm attempting to work from home - which can be challenging to say the least - I am also prepping/educating myself for a new blog. Not a Ginny by any means. This blog will solely for the purpose of communication within the Ag industry. I am a very basic person when it comes to knowledge of the web and it's endless tools so that is why I am prepping myself prior to my TBD launch date. Seriously, my knowledge on CSS is very limited to the days when I managed the country websites for my job at the trade council ... let's just say, this may be a long education session.

The reason why I want to do this came out of my desire to get back involved in increasing awareness between the Ag community and the rest of the world. I want to throw in a few new (boring?) twists to it. I don't just want to write/report on how the cow's are doing and talk about the market prices. I want to mix the on-the-farm view of policy happening in ALL regions, nationally and internationally and mix them together.

Test:

In Sept of 2008 in China - what was the big scandel about?
Who won the 2008 World Series?

Which one could you answer more easeily? More people could tell you who won the World Series but are clueless to the melamine in dairy (produced in China) scandel.

New question:

Which one of those events affects your life the most?

Yeah...the melamine issue.

98% of us involved in the Ag/Food industry knew about this but still are limited to geting the info - REAL info - out on what is going on, what this means to us (U.S. Ag) and what this means to YOU (the consumers). That makes me more upset than anything. How could somethin SO huge go unnoticed to so many people?

And that is why I'm going to start a new site. It's just a drop in a very big bucket, but hopefully that drop will be met by many more and lead to an overflowing bucket. I hope that by the time I leave this earh the consumer will actually understand the products they take in on a daily basis.


************

If you see a girl at the gym on a Friday night, bouncing away on the eliptical, pumping her fist in the air and yelling at the TV screen that is airing C-SPAN 2 .... it just might be me.

No comments: