12.04.2008

Shot of the Past

So I moved home to the farm in MN. I'm living with my parents for a short while, helping them get ready for the new house they are building and taking a new gander into what I want to do with my fruture. It's day three and I'm already going a tad crazy - but we'll see if I can get use to it.

Now, I DO love my parents and how they have handled me thus far. I have been trying to thank them for the FREE room & board by helping like crazy and making their meals. I almost went as far as packing my mothers lunch for work tomorrow (but she beat me to it).

It will take a bit to get use to...such as my poor car will never be as clean as it once was now that I'm back on a gravel road. Or the fact that I'm living out of the room that I grew out of when I turned 14. I was very happy to leave my home area in the past and move on....now I'm back in it and on top of that having to re-live good portions of it for I have been spending the last few days going through old momentos of Jr. High, High School & college. I'm cool with college stuff seeing it's still pretty recent but I look back at photos, cards, love letter, etc. of years earlier and I think the same few things over...

- I guess I wasn't THAT ugly
- Wow, I was so immature - can't believe they were even friends with me
- How was I that popular then?
- Glad to never have to re-live those years again

Let's just say I have 3 BIG garbage bags full of the past that will be burned and be kept as the past.

Now onward to the future!

No comments: