11.17.2010

Leavin' On A Metr...Jet...

Shortly many of us are gonna be gettin' some lovin' as we travel - who's excited for the new TSA pat-down or super-sexed scanning? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but I'm sure I'll report back on that. Speaking of travel and reporting, the Daily Beast reported on the top airports. I'm happy to announce my main airport (DCA) ranked 10th, woot, woot!! My 2nd airport (MSP) came in at 16. I guess that isn't too bad?!

I did visit two other airports this past weekend - BWI and DTW. Totally my first time at BWI... it was okay. Nothing special. DTW (Metro) was nice, kinda reminded me of MSP but I was told that I was in the newer area. Though, neither of them had any cool/unique shops or lunch spots (ahem, Memphis) in the terminals that I was stuck in.

So now I'm thinking, there is a cool website called "Roadfood" that focuses on "regional meals along highways, in small towns and in city neighborhoods." Wouldn't it be great to have a website like that for airports?! I think so! I think I'd even travel to another city or make sure to do a layover for the mere fact to have lunch at a unique spot. And to think that airports could bank off of this!

And if there is such a website out there, sweet... just show me where cause I cannot find one.

No comments: