8.10.2007

Jitters 89.3

For the longest time I hated 89.3, even though I donated money to MPR. I know, that makes no sense, but I felt they needed help and I support all things MN. Now I'm addicted and I'm making other people addicted. I forgot about the nice variation of old classics, new artists and local ones. One problem, it keeps me out of my circle of friends loop out east. If there are local [band] fans out here, we don't go for the same artists. Other than that group (which is literally 4 people) everyone else is mainstream America for music. That's fine.....just means no concert buddies.

But I shouldn't say bad things about mainstream. I respect that they can tap the consumer market so easily. Also, some are actually good. For example (old example) Fleetwood Mac. I never realized how many songs I love of theirs. I just downloaded a billion of them onto my Ipod and have been rockin' with them during my walks to work.

I even got a bar in Chicago groovin to them the other week. Go me.

No comments: