3.11.2008

The Days End

I'm in a crunch but yet need to find some quiet time (i.e. get away from the ringing phone and ignore the emails beeping at me).....so I ate my lunch with my headphones (at my desk) and read the daily food industry breifing. Sad life. I know. But here's some interesting finds...

I was interested to find that there is a bit of movement for a grocers union in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area passed a heft contract that would increase wages, health care, etc.

The USDA is still getting a spanking on not covering (err...busting) the Hallmark/Westland slaughterhouse that founded for its animal cruelty acts. People....if you are not familiar with slaughterhouses....trust me...this is one of those 'bad egg' types. I can't tell you how many of these places I have been to and this does not happen. But I also want to point out that some of the footage may have been taken out of context. People who have not had to work with moving a downer cow doesn't understand that difficultly in moving it. If you want more on my opinion on that, inquire within. Though, I leave this as no excuse for cruelty to be performed on animals. There's just a great line of understanding that most don't know when you get biased footage.

I am amazed to this day that people even decided to grow anything in the Central Valley (Fresno, CA area) seeing that it is literally this vast, flat land with zero of a watertable (they channel a good portion of their water in from the mountains). So this just proves as to my confusion of "Why did you even do this.....aside from great climate....seeing you knew you would be facing water issues?!"

And I am proud that America is attemtping to give Canada a run for their money in the honey world.... TAKE THAT CANADA!! ha.

Sorry if I bored you. I guess you can now turn around and go and gossip about Spitzer and his little frolics and how you didn't even know who he was until yesterday.

No comments: