3.12.2008

"OW! My thong!"

I'm not a great curler, but enjoy the challenge and being on ice (since there's never ice here in the winter). Slowly PCC has become my home and I have grown to a great comfort level. That level has led to some amazing conversations. And when I mean by amazing, I mean pathetically ridiculous.

A few weeks back a conversation on the ice came to the topic of thong underwear. I and a fellow female curler were speaking of how one needs to remember to pack regular briefs for when working out or doing any other form of sporting activity for maximum comfort. This conversation continued on after the game and, of course, the men were thoroughly disappointed that we did not use that as a tactic to win the game (really...how low would that be?). As fun as it was to see the one single guy in the group get all flustered the best part was when a girl stated that she could not endure wearing one while working out and enhanced it with a, "Ow, my thong!" That, of course, became the new saying for Mixed night (**yes, rolling eyes**)

Of course, the conversation came up again a week later during the Belle's League. Many of the woman agreed that it's a must to change. This topic is not dying, obviously.

Well it had been another week and I'm back on the ice for the first time in a week. I'm moving around 'swiftly' and knew that a certain someone was watching our game from the warm room. As I moved in to push one of the stones with my foot after the score call on the 2nd end I slipped and fell. Now remember....a guy was watching and there were over 15 woman there who saw - I was a spectical. What would you assume would first come to my mind? Pherhaps a, "Oh crap, this is embarrassing." or "Ow and $*@%!"

Nope. Instead my first thought was....

"Glad I didn't wear a thong!"

It's obviously not going to die off quite yet.

No comments: