5.10.2008

6:30 to Grape Street

I'm tired. Tired of packing. I hate packing. Don't ask me why, for I cannot tell you with good reasoning. My mother used to say, "Half the fun is planning it!" Well...I think I'm going to contract my mother to do my packing for me from now on. Luckily, I won't be flying for at least a solid 3 wks after the 17th, so I'm sure my stress level will decrease quite a bit.

Oh...point to make. Tomorrow I'm hopping on an int'l flight by AA to Shanghai. Cool right?! Yeah....well it's for work so there's a bit of extra stress involved. Not to mention the last minute 2 hr Saturday pitstop at FedEx that I made today. I'm pretty sure I'll make it to China before my goods do and that - it not good. But we'll just have to make do with what we have. (a very empty booth!)

So it's 6:30 p.m. on a Saturday and I'm all packed for my flight that will be taking off in 13 hrs. I plan on spending a solid 4 hrs at a party being hosted by my friends boyfriend. Awkward but I'll get over it. I'm showing up fashionably late (that's what I'm calling it seeing that I just spent the last 2.5 hrs packing and consuming White Russians). Which, reminds me.....if I ever get product into Russia, and yes I'm working on that, I WILL go to Russia. I DO NOT CARE what people say...I am going to go. If my first country to visit was in the Middle East, I think I can certainly go to Russia.

So we ask. "Why are you sitting here blogging and not at the party?" Simple. I still have a 1/2 of a White Russian left. Hate to waste.

Oh! Story about how the WR came about.

Last night I was coming back from downtown and making mental notes of what I have for food that is perishable and should try to consume before I leave. Well, I noted that I had just bought a 1/2 gallon of milk and being a dairy girl, there is NO way I can let that go to waste (sidenote: my roommate is lactose intolerant...sad, I know). So I'm thinkingl.."Hrmmm....I have milk, and A LOT of vodka! (another story) I should have WHITE RUSSIANS!" So I drove over the the local liquor store and bought a HUGE thing of Kahlua and have been consuming White Russians since last night with long pauses to work.

Don't worry....Kahlua isn't perishable.

No comments: