5.17.2008

PVG to ORD to PHL

I am sitting at the airport in Shanghai and I am so ready to get home. Don't get me wrong, China was amazing but there is something that gets me all giddy about returning to the States/my house (if domestic).
About China-
1. Pudong is amazing with all of its new architecture.
2. I want to lobby for all of the Starbucks to be replace with Dunkin'. Seriously, too many Starbucks.
3. I checked out a McDonalds and the menu looked like homes' (though I didn't try it so I cannot compare taste.)
4. Kiki - my 23 year old interpreter made me ashamed of myslef and other American students.(Our lack of diligence in acedemia)
5. The Chinese food I was served wasn't that exciting.
6. SMOG = Yuck!
7. I was taken for on my first taxi ride.....jerks.
8. One night I ate Italian, yep, I know. Enough.
9. This was my first trip where I wasn't hit on (sad!). I guess big, white Midwestern girl is kinda threatening to the local men! (That's the only logical theory that works in my book.)
10. After one week I remember about five words in Chinese, managed 18 hrs of sleep and made 50 contacts for work.

No comments: