9.27.2008

Game Day

This morning I happily waved my roommate away and got settled down with my laptop....today is GAME DAY.

The Gopher football team plays Ohio State at noon and the Twins are playing KC at 3:44 pm. All I needed was my laptop, my credit card and I was set.

(yes, it is sad...I can't watch Big Ten football because Comcast is dumb and doesn't allow the Big Ten Network and baseball - well that's the joy of living 1,000 miles away from your home team.)

Anynow after setting up for football I had the game listening abilities and suffered through a loss. It hurt. Our offense must have thought the trip to Columbus was too far cause they certainly didn't show up for the game. But I'm still proud of my Gophs - the defensive did an exceptional job for what they were given to clean-up.

Then the Twins game time rolled around. I was ready. I purchased my MLB weekend package for $7.95 and was ready to go, and boom. Nothing. All Saturday games before 7:05 pm are considered blackout. Jerks! After an attempt to call the MLB.tv office to 'discuss' this issue and finding out that they do not have office hours during 80% of game time I finally settled down with listening to the radio broadcast. It's okay. Though, it keeps cutting out every 5-10 mins making it impossible to leave my laptop. So here I am, being a huge bum and listening the the Twins tug at my heartstrings with their lead in the first two innings and then falling behind in the 7th. It's killing me.

And now I'm back to listening to the game and PRAYING FOR A WIN.......

No comments: