9.10.2008

Vacation - Questionable

I was on vacation. Or at least that is what my timesheet at work claims. No, I was on a week long networking/meeting filled/poli agenda adventure. I spent a total of 12 hrs with family "relaxing".... 4 of them being at the lake, 2 of them with nieces and nephew, 2 with grandma and the rest with parents and extended family.

This vacation was great because I was able to fit in a million things that I love..

i.e.

MN State Fair

RNC Convention 2008!

Seeing friends

Job interviews (well don't totally love but I enjoy meetings)

RNC CONVENTION!

Meetings (for work - yes - I worked on vacay)

Seeing a great friend get married

Attending a jazz festival (I've been WAITING all year)

RNC CONVENTION!

Driving through farm country while listening to country music

and... yes.... of course...family

oh - and the RNC CONVENTION!

It was exhausting and only one night did I manage to get to bed before midnight.

Though, as fun as it was there are a few things I could've forgone:
- Sleeping on floors (ouch!)
- The'greehouse'
- 30 min. accident with dad's pick-up
- $100 spent on cabs
- $550 spent on rental car
- "Planet of the Apes" cops freaking my cabbie out
- Getting lost in the NE
- My phone dying
- Too many Marshmallow Mateys

Great moment of inspriation...

Teaching the newbie at Sterbs how to make a "Skip & Go Naked" (gin, beer, sour & grenedine)

No comments: