8.26.2008

Don't Stop!

I was attempting during the past two hours to put together the most awesome portfolio for my upcoming job interview. But somewhere in the midst of Googling "MN Stockpot" and finding pics of foodshow displays I ran across my video archives from college.

Time Froze.

I was back in a crazy period of my life called 2004-2006.

Some people look back at the crazy, emotional times of high school and love it. Not me. No, I look back at those two years in college where everything and anything that happened was beyond incredible. Whether it was as simple as making a new friend to a (then) 'devestating' break-up(s). Sure at that time my emotions (and yes, friends will totally agree I was a nutcase. A lot.) were beyond anything but the feeling of 'fondness' at which I now have.

The best part is that it's only 2008 - not too long ago were these significant events, but thankfully they seem like ages ago. I say thankfully because it means that I'm cool with all that was past. Sure I made mistakes, people were dumb .... but overlook some of that silly stuff and there was real STUFF happening that has made me (and my friends) who they are today.

Watching these videos from my drive-thru experience with PopPop on our way to West Regionals, to The Boys being dumb at Music City Bowl to sledding avdentures with one of my best friends - I was in hysterics of laughter. I laughed so hard that at one point I about fell off of my bed. With all of this nostalgia I now find myself listening to Journey (shut-up....Sterbs Jukebox MEMORY!) and looking at pics. I don't think I'll calculate what was spent at the bar during those years (that would just make me cry) but I certainly wouldn't have changed that for the world.

There are some moments that will always be remembered.....

- Begging for $1s to put in the Jukebox at Sterbs
- The corner booth on Wednesday nights
- Water nights with Adj
- Thursday night rallys with the girls at Bullies
- The GREAT SmokeOUT!
- Music Mayhem
- Trudging through snow for Jimmy Johns
- Tour de Seven Corners
- Walks to the Dome
- etc.

And yes...I have now discovered about 1/2 doz pics of Ty in his underwear - BOOYA BUDDY!!

Payback is a __________ - well you get the picture!

So um, now I'm turning up the tunes for a little...."Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world....took the midnight train going ANYWHERE......"

No comments: