8.08.2008

End of a Chapter?

I have been around. Not around a lot of places, but have moved and a decent amount of times since my first move at the age of three....across the drive-way.

The last move was from DC to Philly. I didn't think too much about moving to Philly, just ticked it off as "another place to live when I'm young and unattached." I didn't think of a few key things because they were never a worry of mine previously - the number one being - the ability to make new friends. All I have to say, is when you live in a city that hosts a lot of people who were born/grew-up/gonna die here there is little room for a newbie. And I don't blame them. Why let in a new person who probably won't stay around too long? Anyhow, I have found around a handful of people I can call my friends in this current city. Ironically, they are all from somewhere else. But a handful just doesn't cut it in world of being me. I'm just a bit too much of an extrovert who ends up running the handful a bit tired of the needs for activity and time.

So beyond the 'Woo is Me' bit.......

I've decided to get over this place. I, for once, do not have a timeline but certainly am willing to take a looksy-loo around for future opportunities. I'm gonna be somewhat picky but certainly look at all options.

Ideas?

Options?

Networking will be taking place in the Midwest 'hood within a few weeks. Yes, I'm spending my vacation networking. I'm sad or awesome - you choose.

******

The Twins are killing me. In and out of 1st for the AL Central? Killin' ME!

******

Since when has board games at bars become so darn trendy?! Can't people sit around and have great watering-hole debates and conversations?

No comments: