8.07.2008

Breathe........or Stop?

I'm at the gym. I'm stoked about gettin' in a good workout but my regular machines are all taken (yes, I have no clue what they are called...just a mix between an eliptical & stairmaster). Anyhow, seeing that they are full I decide to cruise on the eliptical machine and there happened to be one that was open under the fan (SCORE!!). I hop on and tune up the Ipod.

Then I heard it. "GAHG!! GAHG!! AHHHH ARGHHHH!!"

The guy next to me. Not panting. No. He is literally gasping for life and grunting like a dog. I can't even fully describe how gross I felt being next to him. I've put up wiht bad BO, heavy breathing and the lady who moaned but never a grunting dog noise. There was a point when I wanted to turn to him and say, "Sir, really, if you are having this much difficulty on that easy of a level...you ought to go and visit a Dr. or just sit this one out." But I didn't and instead I just hit the volume button on my Ipod and rocked out to Jock Jams.

Though, speaking of hardcore gym moments (not mine, others) the following day I was there and back on my Eliptimaster and looked over to see my neighbor going to town on a level much harder than myself. As I was putting in only a 30 min. stint he was working toward an hour. After 30 mins he was on one of highest levels and had 5 mins to go..........his "Calorie Count" read 1185. YES! ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE!! I about died - but then I saw that he was about to die and then I was perfectly fine with my measily 450 calories.

No comments: