6.15.2009

It's Summer...

The squirrels in my back alley are making a killing. I just saw one run off with a FULL muffin that was bigger than the size of his head. I think I need to start a health awareness intiative for my neighborhood squirrels...seeing that we may be worrying about obesity rates soon.

On another note, I was super excited about the idea of summer. I now take that excitement back. I forgot that I don't care for hot weather - more like - anything that makes me sweat while standing in one place.

You see, I don't have AC in my little abode, which 9 months out of 12 that's okay, but apparently it's now warm enough out to make my pad uncomfortable at times. I open the window for a nice breeze but then deal with the noise from the liqour store fans right below (go figure a place that sells coolers full of beer would have so many noisey fans!!). It's all good seeing I do live/work alone, thus I really could work in my undies! (Ha! Got you. Don't worry, I don't...gross!!!) Anyhow, these thoughts have left me with mixed emotions about summer.

Maybe I do need a real job in an office where I'll have to wear a sweater cause they keep it so cold, even though they are facing financial hardship with the economy and are doing a million other things to be "green" ... I always loved the irony there.

No comments: