9.23.2010

Get Off My Lawn

I think I would have been a good neighbor for Walt Kowalski. For those of you who don't know Walt, he was the character played by Clint in Grand Torino.

So back to the point... Walt and me. We'd be a team. Now I don't keep a shotgun under my bed, but certainly have no problem chasing hoodlums with a broom or other long objects. I say this because most days you'll find me either tending to the flowers (damn squirrels keep digging in the flower pots, argh!), sweeping the drive-way, pulling weeds or watching the 'going-ons' in the 'hood. Walt would be doin the same. After a hard days work of yelling at kids and picking-up the front lawn he had no problem settling down on the front porch and crackin' a cold one. Again, I'd be right there with him.

Actually, I'd love to have Walt as my neighbor. Not only would it be nice to have someone who keep their lawn nice and neat or someone who enjoys a brew like I do but rather for someone to take my place in keeping the neighborhood straight. I know I don't live in Detroit and Arlington, VA is hardly even close to the 'hood in the movie but we have our fair share of stuff go down. Clint, ahem, Walt would certainly take care of that before I would even need to pick-up the phone to dial the local police.

Perhaps we need to recruit a few Walts to my neighborhood. Curious if the ACPD would be down with that?

Yes, I'm aware of the dull life I'm leading... the excitement of squirrels, drunk neighbors, class and readings about economics pretty much sums up my life right now. I'm in search of finding other things to keep me entertained. Maybe we'll get a good soccer or flag-football story soon! Until then...

No comments: