12.14.2006

That's a Nice Drill You've Got There.

I will tell you one thing. Spending 3 hours with a dentist at a time will give you enough time to observe a few things. Not that he’s nice or a good conversationalist because you really can’t talk to the man who’s digging around in your mouth. (All I could do to make a point was a thumbs up sign or a grimace to let him know if I was okay or not). The great thing though is that you can check out some physical features during those three blissful (thank you Novocain) hours. For me I could observe three things very well – the color of his eyes (chocolate brown), his hair (full sandy blond hair) and how tight his abdominal muscles are (VERY TONED!....he had to lean into me cause it was a far back tooth).

When I got back to the office I was a little light headed (thanks to all the drugs) so mentioning this to my co-worker seemed like a great idea…..of course she gave me the “are you crazy?” look and said something loud enough for our boss to hear. Of course that brought out his curiosity and he walked in and said “Who’s got nice hair?” I then proceed to tell him about my dentist. Explaining how difficult of a time I had trying to figure out whether he was married or not. Sadly I still don’t know. As soon as I went into detail on how I knew he had well toned abs my boss shook his head and said “Sometimes you give me a heart-attack.”

There is a reason for his comment….you see my boss is a ‘lucky’ man who works with three women who are the ages of 24, 25 and 34. One is married, the other has a long-term boyfriend and then there’s me…the single one. So of course everyone focuses on why I’m single and then figure out if there’s a way to fix that. We do talk about the each others relationships but yet, again, I really don’t have a real one so that is why they like to hone in on me. Of course I tend to shy away from it even though it can be funny at times, such as being set-up with a Canadian during the Stanley Cup. Or my boss trying to tell me where to go for a first date….explaining what the different prices of a meal would mean for payback. He was also kind enough to point out that a CVS was on the way home. If that didn’t turn me red, I don’t know what would have!

So naturally to get them off of my back I tell them of my odd crushes and the latest, of course, being my dentist. Yes, that is an odd crush to have. But I figured he’d be a good guy to marry for several reasons. A) We already know he’s gainfully employed. B) Free dental care (and I NEED that!) and C) If he doesn’t mind kissing me AFTER he’s seen what the inside of my mouth looks like, then he’s got to be a good man.

Sadly, I don’t think me strategy is working. Oh well…..there’s always the UPS guy.

No comments: