12.28.2006

Watch it Grow

Everyday we are tempted by something - money, materials, food and so on. One of the reasons why I hate December so much is that when you work for a company that focuses on food, you tend to get A LOT of it. Yes, we get much of it thoughout the year, but of course it increases immensely during the holiday season. So when we do get this food (ranging from cheese, meat, speicalty chocolates, foreign confectionaries, etc.) where does it go? Well most would think to the kitchen, but that's not the case. It goes to the counter by my desk. Yes, right in my line of vision. Right now I have an assortment of nuts, cholocate truffles, specialy dark chocolate and a entire line-up of the Hershey holiday gang. I'm thinking of tagging a price on everthing and making a little cash on the side.

It's death because I appreicate fine foods such as these from far away places, but yet I need to hold back. As much as I love things growing (like my bank account or our GDP) I'm not a fan of a growing ass. So how do I rid of my temptations? Whenever I think of eating the food I instead bring it over to the President and force him to have something or I discretly pick out a piece and randomly throw it away. This way I don't eat anything but yet I rid of it faster. Clever yes, does it really work....eh.....sometimes. I do have some weak moments when my arm overtakes me and let's me take a bite. Horrible and disgusting, I know. I can't wait for the season to be done with.
*******
There are just some things in life that must be shared.......and this is one of them. Snarkywood is a small obession of mine. It's basically a blog-like site that posts photos of a person/persons and 'snarks' on them. It's pure genius and makes me laugh so hard that I must read it at home (afraid of getting fired). This last post was by far one of my favorite. Topic: Food Network Idols. Nice to know that they feel the same as me when it comes to Sandra Lee and her "semi-drunk" show and Rachael "I can't say Extra Virgin Olive Oil" Ray. Read it. Don't be afraid to laugh because really, it's okay.....only a million other Food Network addicts feel the same as you.

No comments: