1.03.2007

Taxi!

I have been absent for a bit for several reasons....A) I'm attempting to spend less time infront of my computer....B) I'm trying to be less bitchy .....and C) I have little time to spend writing lately (maybe because I've been glued to watching bowl games, haha). In all reality its a part of being 'healthier' which I doubt will ever happen, but I will note that my alcohol consumption has dropped dramatically since Dec. 24th!

But needless to say I'm not totally out of your blogger life. Nope, sorry...just can't do that. I'm still me and that means if no one is going to listen to me (in person) rant and rave about nonsense that happens in my "Oh-so-fab" life then the internet will do. The New Year was good. Not great, but what do you expect. New Years is so hyped and rarely wonderful for anyone. Yes, it's a great excuse to get all dressed up and drink a load of alcohol but more than likely you'll be fighting for that moment of luxury with millions of other people.

I decided this year to not spend New Years in DC. Even though it's my first year living I've already celebrated three years ago in DC so that seemed lame. Instead I headed to Greensboro, NC. Now before you go knockin' it I've got a few good reasons why. First of all......the Southern Scuffle was taking place Dec. 29-30. That is a huge college wrestling tournament in which the Golden Gophers participate in. Seeing I'm a HUGE fan and that I will not be able to see them wrestle any other time this year, it was a golden opportunity. Secondly, a friend of mine was having a cocktail party for New Years Eve down there. And thirdly, one of my best DC friends wanted to hang in town with me and do the girl thang and it allowed for us to stay with her cousin. So it all worked out.....kinda.

Yes, we did the girl thing and she got to experience my Wrestling Appreciation Class (a.k.a. CWAC). It is well known amongst my non-wrestling friends. Even though she took the class I still don't think she gets the concept (e.g. she opted to stay home from the finals). But the UNCG wrestlers took me in and even some cheered with me in Gopher spirit. Good times.

So after two full days of wrestling, shopping and watching the Dogs beat the Hokies (yes, I watched Georgia but not my own team for several reasons...though I was happy that we lost and Mr. Mason was fired) we were ready for a night of craziness. Granted when we meant crazy we were thinking gettin silly while maintaining our lady-likeness. For the most part that happened.

The plan was to pre-game at home, get dressed-up for the cocktail party, cab to party then cab to Downtown to meet the guys wherever they were going to be when we got there. It worked for the first half of the night. We pre-gamed (off of wine coolers and wine, shut-up), got a little silly and listened/danced to Jock Jams and Cash then got our pretty little butts into a cab. Arrived at the cocktail party (where friend knew NO ONE and I only 2 peeps) made an entrance, enjoyed the food/drinks and started yet ANOTHER dance party. It's amazing how you can groove to Color Me Bad music!

But things started to turn.....the wrong way.

We decided it was time to meet the boys downtown. So at 10:30 pm we started to call for a cab. By 11 pm NO SUCCESS. Booooo......so a girl at the party said that it was a short walk and gave us directions, kinda. Well here's the deal - we ended up walking over a mile in heels in a town we've never been to before and IN THE RAIN! By the time we got to the bar we were just a tad, ummmm.....grumpy and wet. We paid our cover charge, recieved our beads and spent the next 15 minutes searching for the boys, who of course were about a 1/2 a dozen shots into the night. But we found them, did the countdown and started....yes, you guessed it....another dance party.

The rest of the night was a blur, with pics galore (out of focus of course), more rain and a 'long' cab ride home. But yes, it was worth it....even with the bad hair moment and semi-broken camera.

No comments: