1.12.2007

Spinster

The joke of the week is that I'm going to become an old spinster. It basically came from two things...ready a ridiculous fairytale book for my BCB bookclub and then having a dream where I was 85, sitting in a big chair, knitting while watching Dallas and my cat at my feet. It was kinda sad! (mostly because I already like do so of those activities now!). BUT I don't have a cat and I do date people, so I have a feeling someday I'll actually settle down with a man....NOT A CAT. Though my story of the dream seems to be a hit - it drives girls crazy and makes them freak out whereas my buddies (guys) laugh their asses of and try to pick a good cat for me.

Speaking of cats....I SWEAR my camera is like a fricken cat with nine lives. Every time I'm ready to throw it out (pretty sure that's why it's on its deathbed) the damn thing works fine. I look like an idiot though, cause it will work at home and then I take it out and all of a sudden the thing becomes shy and won't even turn on. I HATE IT. You may be wondering why I haven't had it checked out (yes, I got the $60/5 yr warranty on it) but I haven't because you need to call a lovely 800 number, explain to them the issue and then 'send' it in. I'm sorry...but that's just not kosher with me. I like to be right there, asking questions and knowing that they are actually attempting to revive my once great camera (ahem, I think I know why doctors/mechanics/bankers/etc. have problems with me). Regardless....it's an issue, and I'm fed-up with it. It'll probably work tonight but then flip off tomorrow. argh.

And finally....does anyone else wonder where on earth The Ohio State football team was on Monday night? I swear I was watching Florida play some D3 school. By halftime I was too booed out and ended up going to my room, putting it on mute and reading a girly book. Yes, it was THAT bad. Maybe Glen Mason was there giving tips to Tressel. Argh. The only time I bothered to cheer for Ohio State (I may dislike them, but I always cheer for the Big Ten). Just such a disappointment.

No comments: