1.29.2007

I'm not Clone Worthy

Some days just aren’t YOUR DAY. I think today is mine. It started well…I woke up at 6 am as planned but was too sore from curling so I postponed my morning gym workout until after work. I get ready and head out the door for work. I was pretty excited because the temp was supposedly 18 degrees F…..as opposed to the tropical 80+ degrees goin’ on in my apt. I remember my mittens, and my scarf but I thought I’d nix the hat and just wear my hair down. Not a smart idea seeing I had overlooked the “Wind chill 10 degrees……20-30 mph winds” Oops. So my poor ears experienced a very cold and windy mile walk to work.

Getting into work I all of a sudden got very tired, VERY fast and then my body (even after a 30 minute stretch moment) let the soreness sink it. So I’m sitting here….sore and tired. Great. Little work is getting done. But all was good seeing it was just the beginning of the day and I had lunch to look forward too. Not to mention that I was trying out a new Campbells Select soup.

Lunchtime arrives. I’m excited. That was….until I had dropped my soup on the counter/floor/myself. That’s right. I smell of Mexican fajita soup. It’s lovely.

And to top it off………..I read the below when my mood was already in the red; just allowing this to be the cherry on top.

Arthur Caplan , director of the Center for Bioethics at the University of
Pennsylvania , figures up to 40 percent of American consumers are "in play,"
meaning they are willing to try food derived from clones and their offspring.
They're such indiscriminate eaters that they consider "a Slim Jim , a Slurpee,
and pork rinds" a meal, Caplan said. (1/29/07 Boston Globe)


My two cents: Sometimes I think there are people out there who were put on this earth to say stupid things ….. for example………the man above. Clearly he is not a man of science. Cloning is NOT happening for kicks and giggles. It is being done as a way/idea of the future. It’s a faster approach to natural selection in all reality. So when the man is equating the consumer of cloned food that of such a narrow market (i.e. 16-29 male) I would like to point my finger at him and say “Who gave you a degree?”

No comments: