2.05.2007

Grandma Sugarbeet

When I walked out of work tonight without my mittens on and I thought that I was doing well....it was damn cold out! Though, soon afterwards my fingers started to get that weird tingly feeling and I quickly put my mittens on. Next thing you know I'm shedding a tear.........

Just a few days ago my 79 year-old grandma fell while bringing out the garbage. It took her an hour to crawl back to her house to call for help. After being rushed to the hospital we found out that she had a broken femur and needed go undergo surgery. Not a big deal - that is, if you're my age. But she's not and she is currently on a blood thinner - another tricky part to the equation. Luckily they got her level figured out and she underwent surgery, recieving 3 pins at the top of her femur. Sadly though, after that painful bout she finds out that her hands have frostbite. Horrible.....unthinkable.....and udeserved!

But you know what? She's not mad at anyone but herself and she even has a smile on her face. How rare is that? So here I am hastily trying to find my mittens while being all bundled up while my grandmother was crawling to warmth for an hour. Seems unfair. But it didn't matter to her. She is literally the strongest (at heart/mind/physical) person I know. I only hope to gain 1/2 of what she has.

Go Grandma Sugarbeet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)