5.03.2007

The Little Phone that Could

I'm awesome. No wait - my phone is. Even though I was hating the thing for a solid 14 hours I got over it when it finally came through for me.

You see last night after kickball (I watched...not played) I headed over to Irish Times for some fun. Right when I arrived (meaning I haven't drank anything yet) I headed straight for the bathroom. Noticing the extremley sticky/soiled floor I chose to put my bag on the very large ledge above the toilet. Right as I turn I heard a nice "kerplunk." Slowly I turn to see my phone resting at the bottom of the porcelain bowl. Quickly I grab it and started to dry the thing out. After an hour I couldn't resurrect it. Nothing...worked..at....all. It wouldn't be a big deal if A) It wasn't so dang new and B) That's my life line. I got a little upset but soon got over when someone handed me a pitcher.

This morning it still didn't work. I finally planned on going to the store and purchase a new one. But as soon as I came around to explaining to my co-workers why I couldn't do lunch it miracuously turned on. I flipped. Yeah, it's still a bit water logged and the screen is a bit blotchy but it works! Therefore, as MB says, it's awesome.

Now if only other things could have that kind of turn around!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

waaaait a minute... you put your hand in the toilet?? At Irish Times!?!?!

Anonymous said...

dude, your gross.