5.01.2007

Foxfield '07 Survivor

I did it! I survived Foxfields ’07! It was a good time that included but not limited to; moonshine, mimosa, bloody mary’s, beer, lemonade (from little boy selling on the side of the road - $2!!) and a Bubba full of gin and tonic. I kept only one tradition alive this time. It was Bubba. He and I were a bit of a hit at 10 am in the morning. All the peeps loved him and his endlessness of gin and tonic.

I let go of some tradition this year. One being seeking out the frat boys – or was it vice versa? Regardless…there were none to be had. Only those who held a degree! But that was mostly due to my location this time around. Not to mention I was staying with all girls too. No one wants to be considered the ‘slutty’ one in the group. And we all know that girls label other girls that way, even if it’s a simple little kiss.

The other tradition I knocked off was 24/7 drinking. I figured my host, who this time made me breakfast before 9 am, would appreciate me not falling all over her stuff. Though I’m a little more comfortable with the past when the guys threw me an air mattress and blanket and allowed me to figure out the rest! But I will hand it to my host, she was able to tolerate my crazy dance moves during all hours of the day, even at 8 am. Haha.

I had fun. It wasn’t like the past – but I blame only one thing for that. He knows who he is. Even though tradition is tradition, I guess you can’t let little things get in the way. I’ll let him go on this one. But he better be ready next time. No worries – I don’t expect said person to make me bran muffins from scratch. A little stale beer and Cheetos are all I need to stay classy for Foxfields.

Hey, I never claimed to be much of a lady!

p.s. And to prove it was good, I even got a sticker from Cane’s stating that I “Got Sauced at Foxfield’s 07!” Hahahahahahaha. God bless fried chicken.

No comments: