6.01.2008

Summer has begun.

Well people, I know that technically it's not summer quite yet. But in all reality, when you are sweating due to heat and high humidity when just standing...I think that's a pretty good sign that summer is in the house. As much as I hate summer (okay, that's a lie) I do like a few things about it. For example, my birthday. Yes,the big 12 Days of Me are coming up soon and I need to start planning now. The other big reason why I like summer.....skirts/dresses. I can roll with the best of them, speaking of boys, but what keeps me grounded in knowing that I'm a full-fledged girl - the fact that I like dresses and cute shoes. Summer gives you the full on opportunity to wear bright colors, flowy dresses and feel pretty.

Sorry if I just made you gag, but I will admit, I'm sitting here and typing away in a summer dress.

I may have mentioned two of the big reasons why I can tolerate summer but there are some others.......

1. Baseball
2. Cookouts
3. Drinks on the deck
4. Sunhats
5. The smell of freshly cut grass
6. The lake with my family
7. S'mores
8. Gin & Tonic in Bubba Keg quantities
9. Chinese lanterns at outdoor parties
10. The lax attitude

No comments: