6.27.2008

Aging Oneself with Trends

"........as I was walking down the street one day...."

I'm finding a trend these days - when summer hits - I hit-up the Oldies music. It didn't occur to me until one night I had just downloaded some Earth, Wind & Fire, Chicago & Elton John. My buddy called me and I answered with a "Cadilac, ack, ac, ac!!" Love 'ya Billy!

The sad thing is that this isn't the first time I've gong through this. The summer of 2005 I had a huge crush on The Carpenters. I had purchased the Gold-set for my mother on her birthday and then ended up 'borrowing' it (return date is iffy) right back.

This year the Summer of 2008 song list includes:
Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Bennie and the Jets - Elton John
Heart Songs - Weezer
25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago
Say it Ain't So - Weezer
Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
Dream On - Aerosmith
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? - Chicago
Saturday Night in the Park - Chicago
You're the Inspiration - Chicago
Let's Grove - Earth, Wind and Fire
Lyin' Eyes - Eagles
Close to Me - The Cure
Lovesong - The Cure
The Final Countdown - Europe
Stayin' Alive - BeeGees
You Should be Dancin' - BeeGees
More Than a Woman - BeeGees

Thanks to Weezer I 'updated' myself.

No comments: