6.18.2008

Throw-up

Tonight I'm trekking my butt out of the 'burbs early from work to sit in 1.5 hrs of traffic so I can head to south Philly to meet my own kind.

Not a chick book club.

Not a group of sales people.

Not MN Alums.

None other than.......

Republicans. (GASP!!) (DON DON DONNNNN!!!)

With the election looming and even more daily saturation of rage against the GOP most notably in my union-heavy town, it's hard to find 'My Kind'. Not that I don't enjoy my opposite party friends; it's just that, even after hearing their thoughts and opinions, sometimes it's fun to not have to feel like I'm constantly in need to tip-toe around subjects and defend my personal beliefs.

This period is what I call...... Myself vs. Generation of the 'Selfish-Lazy'

Argue I'm lazy and I'll be saying sure....lazy about getting out of bed early, lazy at making myself dinner but certainly not lazy about doing something for myself and others to make our community stronger/better/safer.

So I'll try to be remember my 'civic' pride when I'm cursing my way through traffic tonight.

Maybe Ty was right - D) Space Colonization - (R)

No comments: