4.27.2009

What's the Vig on this Action?

Bad news. Susanna Sue (my Volvo) has issues. For you smarty pants, it isn't because she's a Volvo but more due to the fact that she's old and I think this is her way of getting back at me for bringing her to MN. My mechanic (who is anti foreign cars) just went through a whole list of why I need to get rid of her. I about cried. She's mine and it's the only thing that I actually own with worth of over $1,000. (Not gonna lie - I'm really not into the idea of owning a house.)

So that's it. I guess I'll start looking while she's still healthy enough get me to dealerships. Just not the situation I want to be in - I like her way too much to let go. Who wouldn't love a cute, spacious car that has seat-warmers?!

As for the update on the neighbor - no go. I haven't seen him in over a week. Though, the other neighbor apparently was coming home at the same time that my cousin and I were arriving back after a social night at The Independent. I guess (according to my cousin) that you shouldn't go and knock on someone's door after 3 am. I personally just wanted to make friends and he was nice (also asking us if we were okay due to my key issues - we were but weren't, if that makes any sense). But, of course, this idea didn't come to mind until 30 mins after talking to him in the hall. While I was determined to make a new friend I found my cousin bracing herself against the door, forbidding me of making a house call.

Current # of friends in apt building: 0
# of times I've padded down to the foyer in slippers to get my mail: 12

I hope those statistics aren't related.

No comments: