5.05.2010

A Bear, A Lion & A Horse

Almost a week ago I had an aching back. Lovely, right? Well, I ignored it and moved on to play soccer for the first time ever on Saturday. Felt pain all through the weekend only to wake-up on Tuesday morning screaming in pure pain, falling down (from my bed) and weeping the entire 20 ft to the bathroom. I cursed at the fact that I'm a woman, rather than a man because I couldn't bear the thought of squatting to do my business. I decided I could wait until the pain subsided. I made it back to my bed and called my mom. It's 5:45 a.m. CST. She talks me through my crisis and diagnosis my pain as an upset muscle that's pinching a nerve causing the excruciating pain that was shooting down my leg and creating some numbness.

As soon as I got off the phone I called S&S and asked if they could take me to urgent care. Got there and was seen after only 30 mins (horribly LONG minutes) of waiting. They gave the same diagnosis as my mother and assigned me steroids and pain killers. I was in love. After a quick trip to Walgreens & breakfast from Wendy's I was back home where I could finally approach the bathroom for the first time without crying. The drugs started to work and slowly the pain subsided in my lower back and allowed for me to move from room to room, albeit, very slowly.

That was a 4 hour period. It sucked. Royally. Though, it has gotten me a number of sympathy points from TB (the boy) and given me ample hours to watch the going-ons in my 'hood. It's boring. Well, take away crazy neighbor, an army of squirrels and the annoying sorority house that likes to have parties with front door open (during the week) and you get boring. That is... until a crazy lady with a stroller across the street unloads a giant stuffed bear and horse onto the sidewalk infront of Bob's house (note: NOT HER HOUSE!).

I stare for a solid 20 mins trying to figure out what has just happened. Not wanting to fight pain if I didn't have to I staying inside and continued to stare. Yes, there was a "FREE" sign next to them. But still, why there?! Later in the day they were gone (Me: "Oh good, the hillbillies found some new toys!") ... but only to find another two animals out there the next day.

What the heck?!

Is this woman really good at carnival games?! Is her husband threatening to leave her if she doesn't get rid of them? Is she strategically leaving these all around the neighborhood!?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see if she comes back ... sans divorce!

p.s. I apologize, I was too dumb/slow to remember to take a photo of my crazy evidence.

No comments: