6.09.2006

Comcast is the Devil

Tonight I’m going to be seeing Pete Papageorge. You don’t understand how excited I am about this. I’m super ecstatic and I’ve got a group of friends just as riled up about it. Horrible.

Again, my life has hit the normal state of working class. I basically work, go home, work out, have a drink/or not, do some housework and then get ready for bed. Boring. But I’m okay with that. I find that I have very little down time and when I do I end up using it to do menial things.

But what does take up my time (besides friends and work) is Comcast. I HATE Comcast. I had them once back in St. Paul and didn’t like them, now I truly hate them. I have been attempting to set up cable and internet with them for the past month and a half.

Let’s just start off by saying that it is easier to prove your new residency to the government than it is to get service through a cable company.

When I moved to my new place I found out that previous tenant had never taken her name off of the bill, which was over 5 months ago. So I called to tell them that I am the new resident. Well that wasn’t good enough and they tried to tell me that it was my landlords problem. My landlord said, no, cause her name isn’t on any of the bills (like Comcast had told me). So I called back in a furious rage yelling at them saying that they are poor and crappy and the fact that they won’t cater a new client was pathetic. Yes, I went low. I don’t care.

I loved it when the guy asked me who was paying the bill, AFTER I explained that no bills were coming and we needed to get our account figured out. “Excuse me, you’re the one’s getting the payments, can’t you figure that out cause I sure as hell don’t know!” Mr. Comcast asked for me to wait (6 mins…I timed it). Then got me back on the line to say that he called the old tenant and said that when she calls back that he’ll take care of it. I kindly asked him “Sir, what if she doesn’t call back?” He thought about it long and hard until I finally said, “Can’t I just prove to you that I live here?” (lightbulb went on in his head) He said that I can have my landlord fax him the lease. So I did, even though that added two more days to the waiting process.

Finall I got a call saying that they had recieved my fax and I could set up my new account. So I call them up to order service, they were very nice (well the women were, not to be sexist). I looked like a dork when we were going over packages and the lady asked me what channels interest me and I proceeded with the following list: Travel, C-SPAN, FoxNews, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, History and Food Network. She was laughing at me by the end. But none-the-less I got signed up for cable and internet ($120/month later - raping). So we scheduled a time for them to come, of course they called me later and said that they changed the time, which I had to call them back and change to Friday morning at 7am. I didn’t care when they came as long as they did I and didn’t have to miss work.

But then this happened…..

It was Thursay and I stayed late so I could come in late on Friday. I didn’t leave work till well after 7 p.m. I was exhausted and said screw it to making dinner, takeout is much better. Standing at Yammi Yammi, the cutest family owned Chinese restaurant on earth, I checked my phone. I missed 4 phone calls. It was Comcast saying that they missed me at my place. I’m furious cause they came the wrong day AND time. So I called them back…after 15 mins of waiting I got through. They said that they must have entered the wrong time in the computer, they were sorry and that they would be able to reschedule for Monday. MONDAY – I yelled bloody murder at them. I repeated that this was poor business and told them to be happy that they have monopolized our area cause I was ready to switch to a different company. He kind of apologized but I could tell that he didn’t care. I cooled down and said that if anyone cancels I’d be more than willing to take a last minute appointment. He said they would, even though I highly doubt it. Then asked if he could continue on with scheduling me for Monday, I replied “Whatever” and hung-up.

So here I am - it’s the weekend and I’m without cable and internet. It sucks.

No comments: