6.12.2006

Mission Accomplished

Saturday:

The Nats still suck ONLY when I go to their games. Again, game no. 3 for me and I have yet to witness a win. There were a number of good plays but we sucked it up majorly in the 7th inning. The fun/annoying part of the entire game was the hillbillies that I ended up sitting by. They were wildly drunk, getting up and moving around the entire time and even one of them fell while trying to carry 5 bottles of Budwieser to her fellow Wrangler wearing, gap-toothed compadres. I would usually feel bad if I saw someone fall and lose all of that beer, but they had been so loud and annoying, not to mention that she stuck her gross swollen foot right by me head, I had NO SYMPATHY for her.

After a depressing game I took a nap and got ready to go out that night; which went like so:

Rachy and I went out with her housemates to an Indian Bar/Restaurant on Saturday night. I wasn’t really in the mood to go out but I thought I shouldn’t pass up the opportunity. I was tired, crabby and had a major headache, but I didn’t complain instead started to pre-game with Rachy and our Coors Light.

When we got to Bam Bule the scene proved to be interesting with a mixture of good looking to uglies in ALL ages and races dancing to a wide variety of music. Again, the headache was hitting me hard the beer didn’t numb it. But Rachy said to me with a very sobering look “I want to get drunk.” When you hear that you know you’re on a mission and you don’t want to fail your partner.

Of course we went to an expensive place and after a couple of shots we needed to move to an alternative route to get drinks. That’s right we hit up the guys. The night went on and drinks flowed freely. Instead of details on all of our ‘events’ from that night I’m going to give a little run down on our Top Ten for Bam Bule.

You know you’ve been successful at the bar when…..

1. Before you even get to the bar everyone on the metro is staring at you cause you’re obscenely drunk and thought that the entire car needed to know about your drunken fiasco from the previous night.
2. The bartender is giving you dirty looks cause you’re kind of laying on the bar making out with some guy.
3. At a point you realize that your dancing has made everyone else around you stop to watch, not cause you’re good but because you’re ruling the ‘stage’ with moves like non other.
4. You yell at the bartender that your Long Island didn’t do its job.
5. You realized that pawning drinks off of cousins guy is getting a little shady so you move onto another guy and pretend that you are ALL about what he does at the embassy (not).
6. You give all of your offering money for church to the attendant in the bathroom.
7. You wake up with several new phone numbers in your phone with code names like: cute, ugly and don’t call.
8. You mess with guys by seductively dancing next to them then when they turn and give you attention you look at them like they are freaks and walk away (I love doing that!).
9. You use the excuse that your friend is sick and you need to go to the bathroom to ‘make sure she’s okay’ just to get away. (but the excuse was totally legit this time)
10. The next day you have to go back to the bar to get your credit card and look for the earrings you had lost.

Best quote from the event was when I went back to claim my stuff and all the girl said to me was:

“Looked like you had a good night.”

It was good…but not the best. I remembered 90% of it, obviously I didn’t drink enough.

Oh and yeah, a little revelation happened, I think I need to start growing up, we'll see if that happens.

No comments: