12.10.2007

Addicted to New Radio & Challenge

That's it. I'm addicted. To news radio. Who would have thought? I didn't plan on it but I was tired of the radio station that I had been listening to during work hours and wanted to mix it up a bit so I decided to give MPR News Radio a try, And now I'm hooked. I'm in love. Much of it may be due to the fact that it focuses a lot on the caucuses right now or that it gives continuous MN news (which I crave) or that it has the NPR Science Fridays! Whatever it is....it's working.

The best part is that it doesn't distract from my work like music sometimes has a habit of doing. And the plus side, I find myself a little more knowledgable about the going ons back home and nationally. I consider it a good deal.

And now the challenge.....(I'm changing topic here)

I have a new challenge and I'm EXCITED. I had contacted the Chapter President the Alum group in my new home area of Philly. He responded promptly, thanking me for contacting him but had to admit that the local chapter has been a bit "dormant for a while" but they need "new energetic people like 'me'", thus leading me to mastermind how I can revitalize an Alum Chapter. I may not have been considered for my colleges Alum Director postition (long shot but thought I'd try) but I think I can handle this. I'm sure there's a number of UMAAers lurking around this area. I just need to capture them and our little Alum empire!

Any suggestions/advice is well accepted:)

No comments: