12.20.2007

Globesity......

So the World Health Organization is on a full force of recognizing the latest global trend - obesity - better known at 'globesity' to them. While just finishing up reading an article about this latest 'tragedy' I went on to check the lastest headlines sent out daily by IFDA and one of the top retail articles was about McDonald's in China with a delivery service.

Okay. Moment to breathe before I rant and a few points I will not deny.....
1. I will use delivery service (but rarely)
2. I enjoy fast food
3. I believe it is your own perrogative when it comes to health and nutrition

Now with that out of the way:

HOW LAZY CAN ONE GET not only do you want fast food but it comes delivered to your door? I would like to pretend that it's worth consuming if I made the initial attempt to walk/bike/transport myself there. I will give cheers to Mikie'Ds for aknowledging consumer needs/demands by including healthier options on their menu. But I will jeer for opening up a delivery method.

(yes, you can argue this through and through...but it's more like me being mad at not only myself but others too when it comes to taking care of one's health.)

*****

Five Days until Christmas Update.....
My Stats: flying 1,836 miles, driving 800 miles and consuming about 10 lbs of food. Oy.

I'm still not up-to-date with my shopping.

*****

Someone told me that Cornell's hockey is #1 (They lost to Harvard!). I giggled. Not that the U is #1...but at least we're ranked.

No comments: