12.19.2007

Uh oh!

My roommate informed me this past weekend that I have left the oven on. Not once, but five times since I've moved in two months ago. Not cool. The odd thing is, I have never done that before (at least unintentially). It also doesn't make sense for the fact that I haven't been using the oven anymore often than I have in the past.

Well the oven is one thing but now guess what I forgot? Yep, a burner on the stove. Yesterday. My roommate left a voicemail about it. I don't blame her. Even though I remember turning the knob (because of oven issues, I must not have turned it off all the way. Word. Don't light anything in our house.....it make not be pretty.

So this morning I decided to load myself with protein before going to the gym so I made up a nice 'ol Salsa & Cheese Omelet. That, of course, required me to use the stove. I shut the burner off and then did a double check and headed out the door.

(Skip ahead a half hour)

So I'm at the gym and movin' along on my cardio workout, watching the local news. On flashes a "News Update" - a row house in west Philly (I live in West Philly...kinda) was on fire.

What went through my mind......."OH CRAP!!!"

But, it wasn't my house. "Phew."

No comments: