12.06.2007

I workout to watch TV.


True statement. You see, not too long ago a friend of mine made a comment stating that she went to the gym just so she could watch cable TV cause she was too cheap to purchase it herself. I didn't blame her because she is paying her way through law school even though, it made me chuckle and shake my head.

Though, I have come to realize that I just may be doing the same thing! Last night I found myself conitinuing on with my workout even though I was way past my time (it beeped and stopped recording my distance!) just because I wanted to see the last 10 minutes of "Hogan Knows Best"! Crazy. I know.

You see...we (my roommate and I) have basic cable right now. And it's not that we're cheap, we just don't find it necessary to upgrade since we are always at work or traveling. But with that I often find myself scheduling my workouts around what is going to be on cable TV at the gym each night. Yep. That's right. I'm doing exactly what said friend did. Call it pathetic or call it clever; your choice, but you can't deny that it's darn thrifty! (point: I pay $10/month in membership dues and upgrading cable would be at leat another $40/month....do the math)

So instead of becoming a couch potato I am a fit girl who knows who "I Love New York 2" is going for. (I can't believe I just admitted to that! Darn you Vh1!!!)

No comments: