1.29.2009

Eye of the Tiger

Tell me how it is possible that I JUST downloaded the song, "Eye of the Tiger"?! Seriously, as I'm pumping through to create the most awesome of awesome workout playlists....I realize that I don't have "Eye of the Tiger". I about smacked myself after that revelation. It's me for goodness sake - the girl who loves Rocky....who chose to move to Philly off of that one movie.

So needless to say, it is downloaded and I am ready to find some steps to run up.

By the way - I managed to watch news tonight - news based out of Winnipeg, Canada. I loved it, just when I think my accent is getting the better of me since I've moved back to the northland, I turn on that and feel so much better about self.

Speaking of accents......

Now there is one thing I have mixed feelings about, the new Renee Zellweger movie, "New in Town" - oy.

If you don't know, it's about a fashion laden/career driven girl from Miami who is transported to (gasp!) New Ulm, MN.... Oh the HORROR! I watched the two trailers. First, I will say that it looks cute. But why, of all states, must it be Minnesota?!? Haven't we had enough? I just hate that is gives off all of these mispreceptions about MN. Such as, we are weird talking folks (it's not as bad as they convey it to be), that we have zero sense of fashion (we do...it's just difficult to clomp around in stilettos when there's 3 feet of snow), that we are uncultured (hrm...most theater seats per capita other than NYC...gee, I guess we're a bit behind!) or that we find things, like the lake being frozen enough to drive on, as the main highlight of our day (trust me, it's nice to know when I can drive across the lake but it isn't THAT big of deal).

So, why can't there be a movie that shows what MN is really like? Clean. Healthy. Literate. Politically aware. Humble. And darn tootin' cute. (Just a few ideas)

By the way....for the people who are marketing the movie - New Ulm, MN is NOT considered northern MN....it is south, central MN. Get it straight you you supposedly smart, witty people.

No comments: