2.17.2010

Hrmph. Go team?!

I had high hopes for USA Curling and all they are doing is letting me down...

Men - lost to both Germany & Norvay (though, note, both opponent teams had hot guys so they got bonus points from me there)

Women - lost to Japan and Germany ... killer mistakes made, can't believe it.

I'm not going to breakdown the mistakes, I'm just going to leave with the note of disappointment that I'm carrying right now. Granted it's just round two of the Round Robin event and they have six more games to go but it's just a bad start and that can really set a tone.

So onto the good news!

My old curling home, the Philadelphia Curling Club, is hosting an Open House next weekend and yes, I'm going!

Check out this article by Marcus Hayes, a Philadelphia sports writer, as he tried curling for the first time ever. I do have to say, many of his thoughts reflect the same things that were going through my head back in 2007 during my first class at the Potomac Curling Club. Though, I have a feeling that many of these aches and pains he speaks of will come right back seeing it's been awhile since I've done any 'willing' sliding on ice.

So if you enjoyed the article, you'll most definitely enjoy the video (not the mention, you get to see a few good shots of the club)

No comments: