2.15.2010

One More Day

Until Olympic CURLING STARTS!!! Woohoo!

I am excited to watch the U.S. men's and women's teams. For those who are not curling fans I suggest you take a gander at the sport on the teevee this year. While it doesn't appear to be demanding physically or mentally it really is - well, more on the mental than the physical.


FUN FACT: If you are in the position of First or Second, you average 2 miles of walking per game.

And if you ever wonder what a curlers dream is like ... this video will give you some good insight:



While I haven't been on the ice since 2008 I still love it and cannot wait to start curling next season. All I need to do is find my shoes (or buy new ones) seeing how it's funny that they 'run' off after being moved a few too many times. I have my broom and I may or may not have walked around Arlington this past weekend with it while blasting the Olympic theme song from my iPod out loud (than you portable speakers)! Best part was, I only got a few strange looks, one of them coming from a bum.

So yes, I'm ready not for only the Olympics but some American Curling victory!!

And if you were ever curious as to how a curling stone is made, check this out:

No comments: