5.27.2006

I hate the Nats


Today I thought I'd be nice and bring my friend AB to a baseball game. I'm not the biggest fan of the Nationals but seeing that they are the local MLB team here, it's an outdoor stadium and really, and it's still baseball, it shouldn't matter. I was nervous about going this time for two reasons. 1) they very well could lose (I fully believe that they only lose when I actually watch them play) and I HATE losing and 2) AB is not one to 'show' excitement nor does he drink....two things that I'm really good at, so it could end up being a long game.

But I decided, dammit anyhow, it's Memorial Day weekend and you should celebrate it by going to America's Favorite Pastime. So we made it there in one piece, got our tickets, bought the crappy hotdogs (oh how I miss the Dome Dog deal or Coney Dogs at Bullies prior) and sat down to catch the game. Let's just say the first SIX innings sucked. There was a grand total of 1 run and of course it was for the Dodgers. The most exiciting part of the game was when AB left for ice cream and I was alone and dancing during the 7th inning stretch. I was so happy for that moment I tipped the beer boy $2.50 (he about hugged me, poor boy!). After that, with my beer in hand I thought that yelling obscene comments would help cure my headache. Unfortuantely it didn't cure it nor did it help the Nats. We ended up losing 3-1. Fat-ass Matthew "Fatty" LeCroy didn't play....thank God seeing that we sucked enough. Come on it 's not a good sign when you feel like you're watching some sports blooper show instead of a pro-baseball game!

But hey, it's still baseball and oh how I love the game!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing as you had to go and mention baseball, you may like to know that I'm actually going to go to a Twins game tomorrow as my lovely fiancé got tickets from work. I'll let you guess how close we'll be to the first base line. I love corporate season tickets... Single digits, single digits. Granted they're still likely to lose to bloody Seattle but hey, it'll be two this month!

Anonymous said...

OOOH OOOH OOH!!! Whatever happened with AB?

HollyGOPolitely said...

Behind closed doors response.