9.10.2006

Sunday Medicine

On Monday I’m getting a filling replaced…(hopefully)

On Tuesday I’m having my first (of many) root canals take place.

Jealous? Hope not.

I’ve been in sincere pain since this past Thursday. Literally. I’ve averaged about 4.5 hours a sleep a night. Of course this all happened after I claimed that I wouldn’t drink a lick of alcohol until Foxfields. As one friend said “This is God’s way of getting back at you.” Jerk. I hope he’s right because I’m in such pain right now. Today is Sunday,
Sept. 10th…..better known as my father’s birthday. I gave him a quick call to say, “Happy Birthday and I love you.” Sadly, only mere minutes after making small talk I started to quiver and then crying (the pain is horrendous). So out of our 10 minutes convo, about 2/3’s of it was devoted to me and my pain. I felt horrible but I couldn’t hold back. Even though I felt horrible about it; my father said this to me…..”Well, you know what I’d do.” Me having no damn idea said, “Uh, no?” “Cass, you need to take a shot or three of whiskey or whatever.” DUH! On my little NO ALCOHOL escapade, I didn’t even think of that. I questioned him further but I felt like such an idiot. So as soon as I hung-up the phone I took my first straight shot of vodka for medicinal reasons at 1:30 pm on a Sunday afternoon.

And I’ve been mixing, shooting and downing drinks since then to rid of my pain unitl 9 am EST tomorrow. I’m going to beat this stupid thing, even if I have to become an alcoholic.

No comments: