9.27.2006

Republican National Convention - 08 - MPLS/STPL BABY!

The word exhausted is what best describes me right now. Thankfully it has been caused by worthy things such as going out, work (a little), going out, civic activities and going out. This past weekend I was in C-ville for the Fall ’06 Foxfield. It was a great time, or at least that’s the photos on Facebook prove to me. I garnered a whole new group of ‘friends’ and yes that deserves to be in ‘’ because we all have that Facebook happy thing where when you meet someone for a total of 2 mins and discuss odd things like why you work for NASA (my occupation while down there) and then add them 10 mins (still drunk) when you get home. Now remembering the NASA thing, I would like to point out that I wasn’t the one who made that up. My friend did. The odd thing was everyone said, “cool” and then we continued on with other conversation. Not sure if they believed me or not. Oh well.

Besides getting to drink a lot of beverages, wearing a cute dress and make a load of ‘friends’ I also got to spend some quality time with George. Now George (a.ka. Loud Noises, Burrito, Smelly & Hey You) is the lovely, smelly, adorable & ear infected dog of my friend, Ryan. When I got to the house, the first thing I saw was George. He greeted me by plowing me over and rubbing his head on my leg. I haven’t been around animals in a long time so it was a nice change to get a little affection. George and I became tight during the weekend. After mourning the loss to Purdue and somewhat lubricated I asked if I could take George on a walk. Friend, not thinking twice, said yes.

So here I am with George (who is intertwining around my legs and preventing me from moving very well) walking aimlessly around C-ville (I have NO FRICKEN CLUE as to where we are at). On our first journey we came in contact with a few colligate males and made quick friends (I finally understand why so many single people get dogs). After convo we continue up a very busy street. I thank God that George was a little smarter than me at the moment because I wasn't walking straight, nor was I paying much attention to cars when we attempt to cross the road. Luckily we made it safely out of the busy section. In the next neighboring area we saw a cat. George doesn’t do anything at first so I start to get upset and yell “Get that damn cat!” and then I start running toward it myself. He quickly picks up on what I’m doing and then goes into a very manly-dog mode. We ended up scaring the living daylights out of the cat; it will now have terrible nightmares of a drunk girl and smelly dog running after it. It's moments like that, that bring a tear to my eye.

I took George on several walks throughout the evening and I don’t think that the Ryan even knew. All the better - seeing I barley remember them.

**

On another note – GO TWINS!

I’m so ecstatic about us making it to the playoffs.

It feels good to be from MN right now.

Best quote from a few days back:

“We still have to win a division title," Hunter said. "I've been drinking, but I'm playing tomorrow. I may have my best game tomorrow ... hung over!"


**
And the major high-light of my week....

2008 - National Republican Convention in the TWIN CIITIES!!!!!

...just a minor detail.

No comments: