9.05.2006

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Situation: Friday Sept. 1st I was to go home to MN for the Labor Day weekend to visit family, new nephew and the MN State Fair. I was half packed (had been a very busy social week prior) by the time I left my apt that morning. Luckily work was getting off at 3 p.m. and my flight was at 6 p.m.

But here’s the deal….we had a hurricane on the way, woohoo.

So here is the timeline of how my day went from 3 p.m. on:

3:00 p.m. Get off of work, it’s pouring rain out so I take the metro home.

3:45 p.m.
Finally have everything packed and ready to go.

4:00 p.m.
Walk my 5 blocks to the Rosslyn Metro only to get honked at by cars rushing by and splashing me. (Damn you stupid cars!!!)

4:10 p.m. Make my way down to the platform and findout that my train is stuck and being taken off of the track.

4:15 p.m. Call the cab company, they say 15-20 mins.

4:45 p.m. **notice that’s more than 15-20 mins** still no cab so I call and bitch.

4:50 p.m. Get in cab.

5:05 p.m.
Get out of cab about 500 feet away from the doors and run like hell….the wind is picking up. Walk in to find that out of the 4 flights to MSP, mine is the ONLY ONE delayed.

5:15 p.m. Call friend at home to confirm later pick -up.

5:16 p.m. Saddle up to the bar and order a gin and tonic. Bar tender says, “Double.” (be proud) cause I said, “No.” Nice couple next to me say, “Yes.” Guess what; I got the double.

6:16 p.m. A few more drinks in and I’ve landed two new friends and a potential date. Yes people, the nice couple thought it’d be classic to set me up on a date with a friend of theirs. I did it for appeasement and because who the hell gets set-up on a date at the AIRPORT!?

6:40 p.m. I board the plane. By that time, happy and loud are the two best words to describe me. Feeling very important I decided to make convo with the two guys next to me. I’m sure they were annoyed 5 mins into the conversation. Luckily for me, I don’t remember much of it. And let the drinks pour on.

Switch to CST

8:30ish p.m. (I think that’s the time I landed) JR picks me up. But as an added bonus, I had to Daisy Duke my getting into his car. Nothing like providing some entertainment for a few people at the MSP Curbside pick-up area.

9:30 p.m. Sitting at Sporty’s and slurring my “I LOVE YOU” to my friends. I’m sure there were many kisses to be given/had and hugs. Not to mention some horrible karaoke moments. I believe I claimed the karaoke boy as being “gay” because he sang Garth Brook’s songs. (I don’t see the correlation now, but it seemed appropriate at the time.)

12:30 a.m. By this time I’m tired, so I give a call to a friend to pick me up. Deciding it was also an appropriate time to lay down with my legs in the air. Luckily he came soon afterwards and saved me from waking up with my hair stuck to the beer-laden floor.

It's moments like this when you look back and slowly watch youself go from being completely composed to, well, the exact opposite. But I wouldn’t have changed it for the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot the part about gettin nailed at the end