3.12.2007

"Hey Everybody! Come and see how good I look."


I laugh at that line everytime.


I might be one of the few people who enjoys the antics of Anchorman but they make me happy and give me a flood of memories. It seems like ages ago when I saw the movie for the first time. It was on my 22nd birthday, with my mom and aunt. I giggled a little, but they roared with laughter. They got it and understood it. I just checked it as another Will Ferrell, goofy movie. And really, that's what it is. But then I met some people who changed my perception of the movie. Not that they made me appreciate it or thought of the deep symbolism (if there is any). But they reminded me of the characters to the T.


Soon after this little experience of meeting and getting to know these people I ended up rooming with the Ron Burgundy of the group. Ron was well...crazy, funny, nice and slowly became my friend. More times than not he'd yell to me from his room "Hey, come and see how good I look!" or when he'd start drinking scotch you would hear "Scotch, scotch, stoch, I love scotch." At that time I'd mumble a little laugh and shake my head. But now, when I hear those lines while watching the movie I giggle a little harder and even start quoting it myself.


I just watched the movie again last night with a friend while my current roommate was packing to move. I laughed at the dumb lines and would even get caught quoting it. I was very alone with much of the laughter .... no one got it. Just like I didn't get it the first time. Maybe it's not the movie - maybe it's the correlation. Regardless, I love the movie and I miss my second favorite roommate;)


So now I wonder what I'll correlate with my soon to be old roommate....perhaps Natiaonl Lampoon's Family Vacation......or FoxNews.....or crazy Beck music. It's hard to tell. But I'm sure time will give to those memories soon.

No comments: