3.28.2007

Something About Getting Old

There’s something to be said about getting older…it’s tough. I’m talking about not only myself but also people like my parents, friends’ families and so on.

I’m young but I’m at a stage where my last e-mail to an old friend was about his mom’s health, my grandma’s fall and my father’s MS. No one told me that it would be like this so soon. When you’re younger (elementary-teenager) you think that your parents will always be the same. It’s crazy. Eventually you notice the gray hairs, the slower walking and then the health complications. It sucks. And selfishly I can’t handle it yet. But I will and I’m ready to drop everything to be there. My Plan A in life has no set dates, places or time but my Plan B is all in order. Some days’ I feel as if I will be getting that call at any moment; the one where I actually need to use Plan B. But until then I will stick with figuring out Plan A…..whatever that is.

*** Final Plug***

Thanks Gophers for attempting at the Frozen Four. Even though I couldn’t watch the game (I was curling) I was still devoted by having friends update me via text and voicemail. Maybe next year *fingers crossed*.

***My Friends***

I laugh. Sometimes I have the craziest friends because yes, they will call me about anything! Within a period of 4 hours I had 3 phone calls with the following messages:

“I just wanted to call and let you know that it is currently 81 degrees F in WI. This is crazy. Never have I experienced this in March. Crazy.”

“HEY! Guess what I did today?! I filled-up the tire on my bike!!”

“Put wine in the freezer, I’ll be home in less than 5.”
They were obviously the most important messages in my life. Hahaha. At least they were good ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was "curling" also because I couldnt watch the gophers either...I was curling like a ball in the corner because I couldnt WATCH the gophers!