3.04.2007

Stuck in the Middle

I don't know why but this happens about once every 9 months or so.

I get restless.

And now, I'm stuck in the middle. The middle of what to do next. This isn't anything new for me, my friends or even my generation. I'm growing restless for several reasons. Most not worth mentioning. Though, they do include higher education, living expenses, friends.....anything to do with the future. It's the anticipation that is just killing me. I like to be prepared but I don't know what exactly to prepare for. Should I move? Should I stay? Do I need a new job? Is the current one statisfying me? These are questions I want answers to but just can't seem to find the darn answers. So I fill them in with mock answers of: I like my friends here AND there. It's too expensive but yet, a great location. The job could be better but well, it could be twenty times worse. After I chew on them I start to go stir crazy.

If anything changes what will hurt the most is the leaving or staying apart from all of my great friends. A few days ago I received an e-mail from one saying "MN misses you." I giggled and then fell silent. A few hours later I explained to another that I may not be here a year from now. Again, the room fell silent. As if not knowing what to do career wise was difficult enough I get stuck in the feeling of losing touch with the past and barely grasping the present.

The simple stress of it all built up and then finally exploded. The funny part - nothing was solved. Instead it just got worse and then I experienced a little luck. A friend and I were given two free tickets to watch the Caps (literally 3 rows up from the glass on the red line). Though it was a temporary reliever it helped and the game was awesome. I guess sometimes you can't solve all issues in one day (I'm not what you call patient). Sometimes you just need the temportary relief whether it's going to a hockey game, a guy in a U.S.A. shirt, shopping or working out - it's relief nontheless.

So I'm sorry my friends, I don't have the answers to the questions you ask me. But I'm told good things come to those who wait. I'm going to give that a go for a bit. Will report back later.

No comments: