7.19.2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is (was) my parent's 32nd Anniversary. Sometimes it's hard to believe that two people can be in love AND like each other that long. I joke that I have commitment problems.....seriously....I can't even commit to a TV show beyond a few weeks. But I applaud them for all that they have accomplished together. An amazing couple nontheless.

As for me. I love and hate my age. It's a contradictary age. Everything is amazing yet it's not. For example this very scene: I'm sitting here, just finished hosting a nice little girls night complete with drinks, pedi's and a movie (not to mention I dressed the theme of the movie - Holly Golightly). But after all of the guests left I sat here feeling like nothing but a disappointment. I don't know if it's because I'm alone or because we expect more of ourselves. It stinks and I'm not a fan of it. But what do I do. I sit here and tear up to a few friend close and far.

So my friends......how are you? In your age what makes you smile? What makes you cry? More than anything....what makes you need a hug so bad it hurts? I'm curious....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

quit being a wussy

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey! That made me tear up a little! Do you need a hug? Remember those wonderful days of high school when you could get a hug any time you needed one? That is what those stupid high school kids don't get...life doesn't just get harder, you get further away from all those people who really care. That is what sucks about our age. Tell Tyler that I said you can be a wussy if you want to, because I know you kick ass when you have to!

Love you!