10.22.2007

Big Fear

I swear one of the biggest fears you can have as a female is when you walk into a restroom stall and see the toilet seat up. The immediate thought you have is, "Oh, crap, I walked into the Men's bathroom!" It happened to me today. I almost walked right back out to check the sign on the door, but I risked it (nature was callin!). Luckily it was the female bathroom and I was fine. But seriously, that is the cleaning people's way of messin with you!

(And if you're wondering why it's a big fear? Sorry, but that's a whole other story from days gone by.)

***************

On a lighter note:

Here's some things, comments and/or moments I've had since my move to PA......

- Our UPS man will have HUGE dip in his mouth but is still able to smile all pretty at me (do they teach that somewhere?)
- New Boss:*looking at Goldy Gopher on my desk* "That a badger .....? Michigan?" *and he was serious*
- "You talk with a south/northern drawl" (translates to "You talk weird")
- In PA they give you 20 days to registar your car and 60 days to get a license. BUT you must have a license in order to registar your car. To top that all off, you need to have two forms of new residency (i.e. tax statement, utility bills....)to show the Drivers License Center in order to get your new license. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to get a utility bill you need to make it through a billing cycle which is typically 30+ days from when you move-in. It doesn't add up correctly. You do the math.
- The place to be in the morning is the Wawa or Dunkin' Donuts
- PA people DRIVE EVERYWHERE (I forgot what that's like.....I guess walking to the bank 3 miles away is kinda ridiculous!)
- I'm in Eagles territory. I shall have no other team. (No, I have not drank the kool-aid, yet)
- Werder (I like to call it 'water')
- I am in love with PCR (local tv) shows about PA companies. My roommate....not as thrilled.
- Every day I realize how much I don't know about this part of the U.S.

No comments: