10.29.2007

Realization

I'm in sales. Sacry right? Right. It's really just hit me that I've moved from my world of sales/marketing to strict sales. And to top it all off, it's international sales. Yes, I have a few domestics that I'm working on but I was hired primarly to handle the export market. With this realization it just makes it more apparent that my level of responsibility is risen by 300% from my last job. It's cool. But by gosh, I'm happy that I've already started to dye my hair because I'm sure the grey will start creeping in soon. So as a salute (or cheers) to the start of my third week on the new job and soon departure for Egypt (Thursday) I am going to make a list of *eek* that I need to know before I jump on the red-eye come Thursday.......

- All of the special blends AADPI does (fyi, we're not normal....we specialize)
- Domestic sale prices for me to buy to turn around and compare after tariff, CIF, mixing & VAT is added on to compare to the int'l price
- Automatic converting of domestic (in lbs) to MT (1 MT = 2204.6 lbs)
- Specs for 25 different products (specs are the breakdown of the product - i.e. % protein, fat....humidity level....storage....etc)
- World market for product movement
- CIF rates to 5 differnt ports in the Middle East
- 25 INCOTERMS (Int'l Commerical Terms) - I bought a book to read
- H.S. codes for specialized products (silly port authorities actually care!)

AND

- I'm learning some Arabic too. Well, I can say, "Hello, I am ....." in Arabic at least. Anything to impress them and make a sale.

***PHEW***

No comments: